Eliminate Irrelevant Data from Your ESI Collection
Lexbe’s ESI Culling+ service eliminates irrelevant data up front to reduce both the time and expense of eDiscovery.
With the drastic increase in the size and scope of discovery orders, litigation professionals need tools that can enhance the efficiency of document review. ESI Culling+ can accomplish this by reducing a large collection of data to a more manageable and relevant set of documents.
It is often suggested that the majority of collected electronic material is not pertinent to the case and leaving the unneeded documents in with important evidence results in unnecessary time spent reviewing documents and excess IT costs to store completely irrelevant data. Culling can be used to identify and eliminate exact document duplicates, DeNIST data, and identify near-duplicate versions of a document. Also, culling can be applied to eliminate unneeded documents based on a set of keywords applied to the data set. Learn more about the features and
Get Started with ESI Culling+
And never miss a deadline again!
Features of ESI Culling+
- deNIST data: DeNIST and system file identification removes unnecessary files.
- Deduplication: Deduplication is available to remove unnecessary or duplicative files to speed review.
- Identify Near Duplicates: We identify near duplicates of privilege and work product documents so you can determine if they should be consistently coded.
- Hash Code Generation: Files are ‘digitally fingerprinted’ with MD5 Hash Codes to maintain chain of custody, data defensibility and support file deduplication.
- Metadata Extraction: Metadata fields from email and other files are extracted, including Email sender, receivers, date and time sent and received, subject, date created/last modified, etc.
- OCR: We run optical character recognition on image-based files to improve searchability.
- Bates Stamping: Bates file naming and endorsing is supported at the page level.
- Confidentiality and Special Designations: Page-level Confidentiality and other special designations (e.g., ‘Attorneys Eyes Only’, ‘Subject to Protective Order’) are supported as well.
- Load File Generation: We include loadfiles into most litigation database platforms, including Excel .XLSX (Lexbe load file format), .DAT/.OPT (Concordance) and .DII (Summation) loadfile formats.
Benefits of ESI Culling+
- Reduce Hosting and Review Costs: Eliminating duplicates and deNisting document collections means less data to host and fewer documents to review.
- High Speed: We can cull any sized document collection FAST. Our proprietary ESI architecture allows us to cull even the largest ESI collections.
- Low Price: In addition to being highly scalable, our culling architecture’s efficient design allows us to pass cost savings on to our customers in the form of low per GB rates that decline at volume..
- Simple and Fast Transmission: Transmit your ESI files to us by secure internet upload, via secure FTP or send them to us direct via courier on flash or USB drives for processing. When your job has been completed, we will return them to you by your preferred method.
Security is critically important to us. We specialize in eDiscovery processing, litigation support and online litigation database and document hosting. We are located in Austin, TX and all of our operations are conducted in the United States. We keep data on limited access servers in locked-down data centers. Files and information are stored and transmitted with 256 bit encryption. Find more information about our data security standards and security certifications here.
Related Services and Software
You may also be interested in these related eDiscovery services and software:
- Privilege Secure+: Prevent the inadvertent disclosure of privileged documents.
- Native Processing+ (to TIFF): Convert native documents, including Outlook Email and Microsoft Office files, into TIFF format for searchability, bates stamping, and preparation for online review.
- Native Processing+ (to PDF): Convert native documents, including Outlook Email and Microsoft Office files, into PDF format for searchability, bates stamping, and preparation for online review.
- Native Extraction+: Flatten and extract native file attachments and metadata to create loadfile in preparation for native or near native review.
- eDiscovery OCR+: Increase searchability of PDFs, TIFFs, or document-formatted JPGs or PNGs, in connection with litigation document review and searching, using our optical character recognition technology.
- ESI Preservation+: Early case nearline storage of pre-processed data collections.
- Lexbe eDiscovery Platform: Our Hosted litigation document management solution, featuring the ability to self-upload up to 10GB of data per day for same day review, plus lightning fast, advanced search and coding capabilities.
To learn more download these Overviews: